B Sc Microbiology is an inter-disciplinary 4-year course that studies microbes thoroughly to promote life sciences and benefit all living things, and as a subject has wide SciTech, environmental, or health related applications. The course empowers graduates to work as environmental microbiologists, in the health care feld, or in the food production, agriculture and industry sectors. Graduates acquire specialized analytical knowledge to meet the demands of the contemporary market and learn how to bridge the gap between industrial needs and the education with which they have been equipped. They develop the competence to work anywhere in different institutions including those relating to education and research.
Key Learning Outcomes
● Understand the interesting world of microbiology through excellent education and research to explore the field
● Assimilate conceptual knowledge of microorganisms and their role in different related fields to combat diseases
● Gain theoretical and applied knowledge of microbiology in cross- disciplinary fields to become professionally capable
● Obtain specialized know-how about selected areas of microbiology to tackle real-world problems
● Explore various microbiological techniques to analyze better for effective solutions and remedies
Microbiology is a pure science and rapidly developing as an inter-disciplinary subject that occupies a distinct position in various career fields whether in the public or private sector
The need for qualified microbiologists has been growing fast, especially for basic research and practical applications. Academic, scientific, technological, industrial, environmental, research & development, and service organizations perpetually look for dedicated professionals.
Several career paths, including entrepreneurship, exist for individuals interested in studying microbes, or using microbiological techniques in their daily job activities. At KCST, scholars imbibe deep know-how since this is the leading private institution for the advancement of Microbiology in the country and thus become eligible for fine jobs.
Careers by Area
Microbiologists, depending on their level of education and training, can choose their careers, or even create opportunities, for themselves according to their interests within the country and abroad. Career opportunities include:
● Hospitals & Medical Laboratories – Medical & Clinical Microbiologists, Bacteriologists, Mycologists, Protozoologists, Immunologists, Parasitologists, and Virologists
● Pharmaceutical Companies – Pharmacologists, Quality Control Offcers, Medical Representatives, and Marketing Managers
● Governmental & Public Sector – General Microbiologists, Public Health Microbiologists
● NGOs & INGOs – Project Coordinator, Environmental & Healthcare Microbiologists
● Teaching, Research & Development – Teachers, Instructors, and Research & Development Scientists
● Agriculture & Manufacturing – Agricultural & Industrial Microbiologists and Operations Managers
● Food & Beverage and Chemical Industries – Quality Assurance Offcers and Food Microbiologists
● Self Employment – Microbiology Laboratory Entrepreneurs, and Consultants