BSc. CSIT is a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science and Information Technology. The objective of BSc. CSIT program at BernHardt is to oer intensive courses in the theory, design, programming and application of computers. The graduate from this program will be equipped with necessary knowledge of computer software system and functional knowledge of hardware system. The program equally focuses on service courses to meet the need of high technology applications like-Operating system, Computer networks, Software Engineering, Simulation and Modeling, Database System, Computer Graphics, Articial Intelligence, Web Technologies.
BernHardt's graduates of BSc. CSIT have a prosperous career opportunity at dierent sectors as
• Systems Analyst
• Software Programmer
• IT Oficer/Manager
• System Administrator
• Database Administrator
• Network Administrator and many endless possibilities…….
The Department of Computer Science and Information Technology at BernHardt College has been established as a centre of excellence in Computer Science, through the initiation and support of eminent personalities and intellectuals who have rich, varied and profound expertise in the field of Computer and Information Technology.
It is our aim to develop students with a strong theoretical and experimental foundation, keeping in the view of the vast scope of employment opportunities in the eld of Computer Science and IT. The department has a full-time faculty supported by visiting professors and renowned professionals and academicians.
You must appreciate our efforts and join this college with devotion, dedication and determination.
The World of Information Technology- a reality bite!
In this 21st century, computing technology plays an increasingly important role in every aspect of the society. The Computer Science and Information Technology (CSIT) provides students with an understanding of fundamental computer science concepts coupled with applied information technology skills to prepare them for careers in computing technology industries.
The CSIT major offers a unique blend of computer science theory and information technology practice. Students in this program begin their education by taking a set of common core courses to establish a sound foundation of computer science and information technology. The students then build upon this foundation by selecting software engineering, networking and security, database management system as their concentration. Throughout the program, students learn fundamental computing and information technology concepts while applying their knowledge to solve real-world problems. In addition to the computer science skills and abilities, students gain an understanding of the human side of computing, the social, ethical and global issues related to technology and the ability to collaborate and communicate eectively through project-based coursework.
Why Study BSc. CSIT at BernHardt?
BernHardt realizes the importance of IT management study and helps to enforce the strength of this study so as to benefit our young aspirants to become the successful IT mangers/programmers in the future. To achieve this noble objective, BSc. CSIT program at BernHardt specially attempts in the following aspects:
• Internships in different IT & IT administrating companies.
• Preferences for Seminars & other IT related project works.
• Frequent Research & Presentations.
• Outstanding faculty with proven experience and professional exposure.
• Fully equipped computer and digital laboratories.
• Frequent assessments and prompt feedback.
• Educational excursions in related places.
• Career counseling for job placement.
• Enhancing learning environment.
Eligibility for Admission
The student who is seeking admission must have
• Successfully completed a twelve-year of schooling in science stream or its equivalent from any University, board
or institution recognized by Tribhuvan University securing at least Second Division.
• Successfully passed the Entrance Examination conducted by Institute of Science and Technology, Tribhuvan University
The BCA program will have eight semesters with 126 credit hours. Each semester shall have duration of 6 months. This program comprises of the following courses and credit hours:
Computer Application (Core Courses) 71
Elective Courses 12
Mathematics & Statistics Courses 9
Language Courses 6
Social sciences & Management Courses 15
Projects & Internships 13
Total Credit Hours 126
The BBM program is based on semester system. It is a 4 year program spread over eight semesters, each semester constitute of 16 weeks of intensive study. The program covers 120 credit hours. The curricular structure has business tool courses, business foundation courses, focus area courses and elective area courses.
The objective of the BBS program at BernHardt is to develop students into competent managers for different sectors of organizations. The program is based on the principle that graduates will spend a major portion of their life in a constantly changing environment. Therefore, the student should have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations. Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government job. The graduate should also have a variety of career opportunities in different sectors of business including entrepreneurship and create much-needed jobs of others.
BBS degree comprises the following four separate and distinct course components:
1.A strong foundation in allied areas of business such as language, economic analysis, legal environment and quantitative methods to prepare graduated to understand, analyze and comprehend the management concepts, theories and practices.
2.Core business studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduated with an appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of business and management issues.
3.The opportunity to concentrate in one area of specialization such as accounting, finance, human resources management, management science and marketing in order to provide graduates with some degree of functional expertise.
4.The opportunity to choose any sectoral management area such as tourism, cooperatives transport, hotel and small business, as an elective course to enable graduates to apply the core and functional knowledge and skills in their chosen sector of business.
The Master of Business Studies (MBS) is semester system program designed to enable the students to work as competent mangers and to meet the demand of higher level managers in organizations, particularly in the functional areas of management. Upon graduation, a student should be able to function as a manager in business, industry, government and non government sectors, within and outside the country, in areas like accounting, marketing, finance and general management. The program specially aims to:
• Equip the students with required conceptual knowledge of business and management
• Prepare managers in the functional areas of management
• Develop knowledge and skill of business environment in national and global perspective
• Encourage entrepreneurial capabilities in students to make them effective change agents in the Nepalese society
• Develop research capability in the students
Why Study MBS at BernHardt?
MBS programme at BernHardt aims to develop students into competent managers for any sector of organized activity. Therefore, the student will have an opportunity to obtain a broad knowledge of the concepts and reality-based skills underlying the operation and management of organizations. Upon graduation, a student should be equipped to function as a manager in business, industry and government. Here at BernHardt, we have a perfect blend of the theory designed by curriculum and other supplements such as Entrepreneurship, Leadership & Personality Development Training and many other professional courses to make student equipped to compete in the market.
Kathmandu BernHardt College of Social work offers a unique program that blends innovation and practice. The content we discuss in the classroom and in field settings- and the methods we teach you to use as a practitioner- are evidence- based and validated by best practices. If you want to top – notch academic experiences and the confidence- and the professional network- you need to be an effective, accomplished practitioner, Kathmandu BernHardt College is your destination.
BASW degree comprises the following four separate and distinct course components:
1. A strong foundation in allied areas of Societies such as language, castes, gender issues, marginalized peoples, indigenous group, culture, tradition, ethnicity, economic analysis, legal environment and quantitative methods to prepare the graduates to understand, analyze and comprehend the societies concepts, theories and practices.
2. Core Social studies encompassing and integrating all functional areas to provide graduates with an appreciation of the diversity and inter-relationship of society and social issues.
3. The opportunity to concentrate in one area of specialization such as gender issues, environmental, women empowerment, income generation, deprived and marginalized peoples, indigenous group, social organization, Social organization, Social Policy and Evaluation, Community Organization, Management of Human Services, Children and Youth in Families and Society, Health and Mental Health Society, Community and Social Systems, International Social Welfare and Services to immigrants and Refugees and so on in order to provide graduates with some degree of functional expertise.
4. The opportunity to choose any sectoral social area such as
-Contemporary Social Issues,
- Health, Mental Health and Disabilities
- Family, Youth and Children Services
- School – Based and School- Linked Services
-The World of Work
- International Social Welfare and Services to Immigrants and Refugees, as an elective course to enable graduates to apply the core and functional knowledge and skills in their chosen sector of society.